Thursday, April 16, 2009

This FriendShip May Sink

Derek was at confirmation last night. He actually wasn't going to show up, as Rebecca told me, infront of everyone (on purpose):

"HEY SHEA, YOUR LOVER'S NOT GOING TO BE HERE TONIGHT, HE HAS A SOCCER GAME!"

She had actually gotten better about not being so annoying about her and Derek's close friendship. But lately, everytime I tell her about a cute text he's sent me, or how excited I am to see him, all I get back is her bragging about how 'he sings Fall For You with me all the time' and 'we share the same cup, and he never does that with you.' JUST SHUT IT. I really don't care about that. It's like I can't even vent to her about boy problems any more like NORMAL FRIENDS.

I know that us both liking Derek puts us in an akward place, but she's gone too far. Every single thing I tell her about him, she has to compare it to her conversations with him. She makes it seem like ten times better than mine. And it's literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. I really would like to yell at her. But when the moment comes, I just can't. I don't feel like ruining our friendship over a guy. But whenever I think about it, it's technically her doing all of the damage.

It's not like I can just keep my mouth shut about him. I want us to have a normal friendship. I want to be able to come to her about boy problems. But next time she starts bragging, I seriously will snap. I get it. They're very close friends. They have a closer relashionship than me. Of course I'm naturally a little jealous. But does a true friend really rub that in your face? No. They don't. So I've got a big decision to make. And I really don't want to make one.

Why does everything have to be so complicated?

1 comment:

  1. Depending on how long you two have been friends, I suggest you try and work it out, by telling her exactly how you feel. Everything you just posted, tell her in a way that she would understand. It's hard having a boyfriend, and having your friend like him at the same time. If you tell her, I know she won't STOP liking him. But if she is a good friend, she'll make an effort to not make you upset about the whole thing.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete