Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Die AT&T, Die!

I am very sorry for not updating lately. Nothing extremely exciting has been going on in my life, these days. I went to a birthday party on Saturday. It was a mall scavenger hunt. That was fun. My cousins from Florida visited over the weekend so I spent a weekend with them aswell....umm, the only, really, news worthy story is that my spring break is potentially ruined, and my dad may have to go out to Oklahoma for 3-4 months. Splendid. So I guess since I'm on a writer's block, and this is the only thing I can seem to come up with, I'll tell you about how pissed off I am at AT&T (Yes this has to do with my sprink break, and my dad leaving).

My dad works for what is now AT&T, but it used to be Bellsouth. It was bought over last year. No one's really happy about that. Bellsouth was by far a better company. And I belive (I may not have this story entirely straight, it's pretty confusing.) that part of the union from Bellsouth isn't very happy about the change either, so they've decided they are going to threaten to go on strike. The union, are the people who do the dirty work. Like climbing up on top of roofs, or into small corners and putting up sattelites, or T.V's in people homes (Bless those people). My father, however, is in the security management part of the company. This is like, wearing-nice-suits-and-going-into-the-office-downtown-to-sit-in-a-cubicle-and-go-to-meetings-all-day, kindof job.

But since the union may go on strike, AT&T had this brilliant idea to take all of these managment security people (who I may remind you have absolutely no experience putting up T.V'S ect.) and train them to do the union's work, incase of a strike. I mean, come on, they could have atleast chosen a more experienced group. So the union had a contract with AT&T, they had to wait three months to decide to go on strike or not. The contract ends this Saturday. And my dad is saying, that if they do what they usually always do, they're going to wait until the last minute to decide. We were planning on leaving Friday for Florida. My ad wasn't going to be able to go anyways, so he would keep the dog for us. But now, our spring break, and my dad, are at the mercy of this stupid union.

If they decide to go on strike, my dad has to go out to Oklahoma for 3-4 months at the least, depending on how long the union stays on strike. Which means no one to take care of the dog while we're in Florida, which means no Florida, which means no spring break. The no spring break thing I can live with. I'll be bummed, but I'll deal. But my dad being gone for that extensive of an amount of time, I will have trouble coping with. He'll be gone. That's it. We don't know when we'll see him again. It could be the next day, it could be next year. And this is for a job, I may remind you. So if he does even get to visit at all, it won't be very often. I'm seriously crying just thinking about it. I really want to stab whoever thought of this idea, right now. I really want my dad to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment