Monday, March 16, 2009

Secret Mission: Not As Planned

I had one of those weekends , where you do nothing but waste your 48 hours on the couch, napping and watching whatever is on T.V. It was a very much needed weekend. So while my mom and I vegged out on the couch, I was planning my birthday party in my head. Or if I'm even having one, really. I know I'm getting to the older age where it's not 'cool' or necesarry to have one, but I want one, so bleehh :P

And I swear, everytime I came up with a good plan, my mom had something wrong with it. And something my mom said last night caught my attention. I literally had the perfect plan, I even said I would make my friends leave early if it pleased her. And what does she say?

"Shea...just...keep your Friday plans open, ok? Drop it, maybe something else will come around." That comment, and suspicious little smirk my dearest mother gave me right there, confirmed my idea that she, and my friend Rebecca were planning something.

Flashback to two weeks ago.

I'm sitting at my computer [as usual] and the phone rings. My mom yells for me to tell me it's Rebecca, but answers for me. So as I make my way over and hold my hand out for the phone, my mom is talking to her, and motions me to go away. I was like all WTH?! Why is my mom talking to my friend?! So I go back on my computer, while catching a couple of comments my mom made while talking:

"That's so sweet!"; "How nice of you to think about that."; "Yeah it's March 20th"; "I'll definetly get back to you on that, that would be so cool."

Call me nosy, but the little comment about "March 20th" [my birthday of course] got me thinking...THEY'RE PLANNING A SUPRISE PARTY OMG!!! My mom finally handed me the phone after 10 minutes. The first thing I said to Rebecca was, "Sooo how's my suprise party going?" She acted like she had no clue what was going on, then stuttered and stumbled around for an excuse.

So back to present day, I really hope this 'Suprise Party' is the whole reason for my mom avoiding the topic of planning my own party 4 DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY. If not, I shall be livid. I'm pretty sure it is though. I love being observant. Some of you might call it being nosy. But hey, you say p-oh-tay-toh I say p-oh-tah-toh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment